Identified by Michelle Woliner at the Massachusetts League of Community Health Centers:
1. Centralized development of reports to maximize value, efficiency and cost effectiveness
2. Enhanced reporting and analytics that exceed individual EMR platform capabilities
3. Superior benchmarking against health center peers and prevailing national standards
4. Increased ability to monitor progress toward predetermined goals and performance trends
5. Identification of gaps and underlying drivers in care delivery and workflow process
6. Participation in a centralized effort to utilize health information technology to support the delivery of high quality care to the medically underserved
What would be your number 7? Share your thoughts below, or hop into the group forum to start a new discussion.