Vice President of Finance
Azara Healthcare is the leading provider of data-driven analytics, quality measurement and reporting for the Community Health and physician practice market. Azara solutions empower more than 1,000 Health Centers, physician practices, Primary Care Associations and clinically integrated networks across 36 states to improve the quality and efficiency of care for more than 23 million Americans. Azara recently completed a private equity recapitalization via Hughes & Company and is now well positioned to scale to take advantage of the multi-billion-dollar population health market.
Reporting to the CEO, the VP Finance will develop and maintain financial analysis and models to drive decision making across the business. Prepare forecast models including revenue, cost and headcount projections. Monitor key performance indicators (KPI) and provide recommendations to ensure optimization of revenue and profit. Prepare and develop clear and informative reporting tools. Reporting of monthly, quarterly and annual financial analysis. Accurately project cash flow. Direct leadership in preparation and management of budgets. Contribute to developing, implementing and managing short and long term financial and strategic planning. Monitor industry trends and competitive analysis. Act as valued member of the leadership team.
The successful candidate should be a well-rounded hands-on individual possessing the requisite technical accounting skills while being able to function as a business finance leader to execute financial and operational strategies supporting new and existing relationships with the Company’s customers, partners and internal business units. The VP of Finance will work with the CEO to set direction and develop a financial and operational execution plan to measure company success. The right candidate will demonstrate the competence, capability a proven performance combined with exceptional business acumen that allows him/her to ascend into a CFO role as the company scales.
As a key member of the Company’s management team, the VP of Finance will:
- Provide financial and business counsel to the CEO and the company’s management team making sound and effective financial decisions which maximize company sales and profitability and increase shareholder value.
- Ensure the company has a policy and controls framework that meets customer expectations and complies with all applicable laws and industry regulations.
- Support the CEO in managing investor, banking and treasury relations in a manner which provides the company with cost-effective capital to meet the short- and long-term requirements of the business.
- Responsibility for required monthly reporting for private equity investors, bank debt financing and other 3rd
- Build and manage appropriate accounting staff to fulfill normal day-day financial processes AR, AP, etc.
- Oversee development of business systems and processes to effectively forecast revenue and profitability and track performance against targets and key performance indicators (“KPI’s”).
- Provide the organization with systems and analysis to proactively guide timely and informed decisions to drive the business.
- Play a lead role in supporting both the customer and vendor legal contract process.
- Interface with auditors, as well as state and federal government agencies as it relates to the financial matters of the company, and oversee the publication and communication of all financial reporting to the Board of Directors, investors and shareholders, bankers, the government, and the general public.
- The successful candidate will possess 10+ years of financial and management experience in a high-growth technology and services business (particularly a SaaS environment)
- This individual will have demonstrated success in the development of a responsive finance team in fast paced and complex organizations.
- Relevant experience developing and managing all financial activities, including accounting, financial planning, budgets and analysis, contract negotiations, cash management, internal controls & compliance, tax, and shareholder/investor relations is required.
- Strong experience developing and managing a finance team of both employees and contractors operating remotely, in a multi-location environment.
- Previous experience developing and presenting Board and investor level material required.
- Keen analytical acumen to evaluate and articulate the financial and operational impact of major contracts, systems and relationships.
- Must be able to evaluate and manage the implementation of accounting and CRM system to enable the reporting to grow with the company.
- Relevant experience operating in a senior finance capacity with ability and ambition to accept broad responsibilities as the company continues to scale.
- Solid technical accounting, budgeting, reporting, and business analytics and intelligence skills, including ASC 606 software revenue recognition, CRM, Excel expertise.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional presentation skills. And a keen ability to present data in a compelling and clear manner with defined objectives that inform decisions.
- Comfortable working with and building trusted relationships with all levels of an organization.
- Excellent mentoring and leadership skills and recognized as a high-quality general manager and team builder.
- High personal integrity and credibility.
- Proven track record of delivering results and solving complex challenges.
- CPA, CFA and/or /MBA is a plus.
- Investment Banking, private equity and or M&A experience is a plus.
Azara offers a full suite of medical plans, 401(k) plan, 10 company holidays, 4 weeks of paid vacation time and other benefits in addition to a competitive salary. If you are interested in applying for any of the Azara career opportunities, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.