Senior Software Engineer
The software team develops innovative software tools to support Azara Healthcare’s mission to improve the cost and quality of healthcare. The software the team builds is a critical part of data warehousing, clinical reporting platform. The suite of products produced by the software team includes web applications using the MVVM design pattern and ASP.NET Core applications leveraging a variety SQL Server, Web API and other Microsoft technologies.
The team uses agile and test-driven development practices for new development as well as for refactoring and enhancing existing software. All work is done in a team setting with a focus on team accountability and success. Understanding the technical and business “why” behind solutions is an important attribute of a Azara Team Member
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design information architectures and workflows
- Develop new functionality and large enhancements to our existing application, throughout the entire technology stack
- Create new interfaces to allow data to be securely transferred in and out of our system
- Prototype rich interactions quickly with the focus on user experience
- Evaluate new tools / frameworks to use within our platform
- Participate as a team member in planning sprints, software design, developing and testing features
- Provide feedback to colleagues through code reviews and design collaboration
- Actively solicit and incorporate feedback from clients and internal stakeholders on new software features and designs.
- Research and present new technologies to the software development team
- Database principles, processes, technologies, and tools (data modeling, design)
- Experience with SQL Server and t-sql
- ASP.NET Core
- Web API
- Entity Framework and Dapper
- Agile development techniques
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- High comfort level interacting with colleagues and with various levels of client organizations
- Strong sense of customer service to consistently and effectively addresses customer needs
Education & Relevant Experience
- BS/BA in Computer science, information systems, or other technology/science degree.
- 5+ years’ experience in technology or technology related field
Azara offers a full suite of medical plans, 401(k) plan, 10 company holidays, 4 weeks of paid vacation time and other benefits in addition to a competitive salary. If you are interested in applying for any of the Azara career opportunities, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.